Specific contribution for Central, Regional and Local Public Administration Institutions
The services that we provide, based on the MLearn methodology and IT-CMF framework, as explained in the other sections of this web site, help and guide the implementation of many of the most important guidelines and best practices recommended below by the European Commission.
Recent reports from European Commission, as the EUROPEAN SEMESTER THEMATIC FACTSHEET QUALITY OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, converge in the guidance to respond to actual new challenges of the society as digital disruption and new needs and expectations of the citizens. We resume some guidelines and strategies below.
The current speed of social, technological and economic change requires substantial adaptation.
Global concepts and strategies offer opportunities but also threats as smart cities, governance based on participation of citizens, transparency and security.
The following opportunities could contribute to improving the overall system to reinforce the eGovernment Action Plan:
- Enhance systemic productivity, by improving quality of relationships and collaboration;
- Strengthen multi-level governance, including use of functional mapping and reviews to clarify responsibilities and reduce overlap;
- Ensure powers/responsibilities are matched with resources on every administrative level; Encourage inter-municipal cooperation, including pooling resources, and networks across and within government levels;
- Streamline and simplify processes, and promote the concept and practice of interoperability within and across administrations;
- Holistically designed ICT solutions can transform inter- and inner-institutional interaction and communication and thus improve public administration performance.
- The traditional hierarchies are increasingly replaced by new forms of organisation, which puts a new emphasis on what one might call collaborative capacity.
- Create stimulating workplaces and increase trust in staff, to energise and empower employees, and make the most of workforce diversity;
- Create a broader framework for performance
- Foster management to reflect the reality of an ever-changing environment, the need for agility as well as accountability, the achievement of outcomes, and hence the importance of continuous learning.
- Data protection – it is fundamental that data protection rules are fully respected. Without it, citizens would lose trust in their public administrations.